Data Services Overview:
LTI Information Technology (LTI-IT) recognizes that companies struggle with how to best utilize their data to make real world, actionable decisions. By developing a collaborative relationship with our clients, we are able to ease those struggles.
We do this by offering data migration, data reporting, data transfer, data conversion, application development, process refinement, and system automation services.
We focus not on the process of programming but rather on the underlying data itself: how best to take that data from disparate sources in raw format and use it for actual business purposes.
Database Development and Management:
LTI-IT is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has expertise with industry standard Microsoft database applications.
Microsoft SQL Server provides a robust database platform for large scale systems. LTI-IT staff has experience managing and developing for SQL Server on large scale projects. Database installation, migration from one version to another, data imports or exports involving external partners, data validation, and automated reporting are typical SQL Server tasks.
Microsoft Access provides a smaller scale database platform for small scale systems and provides the ability to create a robust, custom user interface. Often, a data services task does not require the full capabilities of a SQL Server system and can be done faster and for less expense by using Access.
Microsoft Access can also work as a front-end application for a SQL Server database. In these cases, Access provides for the user interface – presenting the end user with a streamlined application – while SQL Server is handling the database tasks. This allows for the best of both systems to be brought to a single task: a streamlined user interface and a large scale database backend.
Electronic Data Interchange Services:
LTI-IT can provide EDI services, which utilize the Internet to exchange data with systems located off-site in real time.
EDI services allow your organization to share its data with external partners on an on-demand basis; transactions move between systems as data is changed within those systems. This allows your organization to maintain data consistency with an outside partner at all times.
- Data Migration – Converting a database into an entirely different format, usually as part of moving data into a new system.
- Data Conversion – Importing data from outside sources or exporting data to outside sources.
- Data Reporting – Using MS Access, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, or other tools to develop on-demand, web-based, or periodic reports.
- Database Back End Development – Building new or customizing existing databases using MS Access or MS SQL Server.
- Application Front End Development – Creating a user interface for a database system using MS Access, custom application development, or custom website development using tools such as ASP.Net.